Friday, October 07, 2005

Strange coincidences with Randy Craig

(Here's Randy holding up a school bus... Ok, it's not for real, but just an acting job he has with Untouchable Tours!)

I forgot to mention the strange coincidences between Randy's life and mine. Having been apart for 33 years, how can it be that these similarities between us exist?

Randy is an accomplished guitarist and received his Bachelor's degree from Trinity College in Music Theory. For my first year in college, I was a Music Theory & Composition major at U of I - Champaign / Urbana. I am also an accomplished guitarist.

Randy works in the performance arts field. I work in Photography - a visual arts field.

Randy's favorite food is Pizza. My favorite food is Pizza.

Randy is a Christian and is very active in his church. I'm a Christian and also very active in my church.

Randy had been wondering what happened to me for 33 years. I had been wondering what happened to Randy for 33 years.

Neither of us had the thought to do an internet search even though we both use the internet a lot!

Randy's middle name is Gary. My dad's middle name is Gary (he later made it his first name, but I never knew this until I was in my mid-thirties!!)

Randy made TV commercials. My dad made several TV commercials.

Randy had done stand-up comedy and is a very funny guy who relies on a quick wit to make light of everyday things. I've never done stand-up comedy, but I am known to be a wise-guy too. :)

Randy's guitar teacher was Don Maro in Chicago. My guitar teacher was Don Maro in Chicago. Ok... I was the one who recommended Randy to go to Don Maro for lessons... but I had forgotten that until he told me about it 33 years later.

Coincidences? I think not!

No comments: