Thursday, January 12, 2006

Things change...


Kodak is changing their old logo to a new one. How do you feel about this?

Apparently, in an effort to change their branding and expand to new areas of imaging, the old logo is going to be replaced. I'm a little sad over this. That old yellow logo has been something I've seen all my life and switching to the new just says to me, "Times are changing!"

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of digital. But it's the history of film that keeps me nostalgic. By the way, I had read somewhere that the top selling digital cameras today (in the point and shoot category) are Kodak brand cameras. So don't think Kodak is dead... it's just film that's dying.

I wonder if my collection of Kodak cameras has just increased in value?

In a similar manner, Nikon announced that they are ceasing production of all of their film cameras except for the ultra high-end F6 camera, a few manual lenses and the entry-level FM10 camera . For a major company like Nikon to announce this, it's very clear that digital has taken over.

1 comment:

Momma said...

i like the new one better, but it reminds me of mcdonalds!!