Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Bring Back The Bands!!


What a treat we all had at Saturday's wedding!

This was the first wedding of the year for me and I got to party to a 10 person band at the reception!

These guys were really amazing... they played everything from old standards like "Satin Doll" (you all are too young to know that one...) to classic rock tunes like "Proud Mary."

The singers not only sang from the stage, but they came out onto the dance floor and danced with the guests while singing!

I had a great time and I know all the guests did too.

I also had some fun with a new lens and some different camera settings at this reception which gave me the equivalent of four extra stops of exposure. Now unless you are into photography that probably doesn't mean a whole lot to you. But it really just means that I was able to capture shots like this with natural ambient light and not bother with a flash. What it did was give me some great shots that shows the band with their own stage lights. That adds a little more "realism" to the images.

Unfortuantely, not all receptions will have bands with their own stage lighting, so I can't do these kinds of shots at every wedding reception, but if the band or DJ has the right lighting with them... this lens is coming out for some action!



No comments: