Thursday, March 09, 2006

Paparazzi at Weddings!



Paparazzi are everywhere!

One of my favorite things to do at weddings is photographing the paparazzi. I get at least a handful of shots of other people taking photos at each wedding. It's something I started doing at my first weddings back in 1990 and I've continued doing it to this day!

With the invention of digital cameras, I see so many more paparazzi at weddings than ever before. Some wedding photographers have a panic attack when other people shoot at weddings, but not me. I get a big kick out of it! Often you'll see me taking photos of them taking photos. Why? Because it's part of the day. And documenting them doing their thing is part of my job! Sometimes I see them shooting me! But if I catch them doing that, I always retaliate with a shot of them!

Have you ever noticed that with the new Electronic Viewfinders (EVF) on point and shoot digital cameras, nobody ever puts a camera close to their face to focus anymore? Everytime I see this, it reminds me of people over 40 who need reading glasses trying to read something... they hold the item to be read at arm's length just to focus on the words. Same thing with people shooting with this type of camera. What am I talking about? Just check out the two photos above! What a hoot! I always have a lot of fun at your weddings and you'll often see me with a huge smile on my face when I'm doing my job.

Never fear... I don't care who shoots at your wedding. Bring it on!

:)

No comments: