Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Secret To A Successful Wedding

I'm often asked what the secret is to having a successful wedding. Well, after working on so many weddings, I can tell you easily!

The secret is...

Before I tell you the secret, let me say that it seems every Bride has her "moments" at her wedding. Often little things can and will go wrong on the day of the wedding. Really, it's just the little things that can irritate you. Things like people not moving quickly during the formal photos, getting your dress dirty during the day, flowers not showing up on time, DJ's not having the songs you want them to play... you get the idea.

So what's the secret?

Let it go.

That's the secret. Only YOU know if something is not working as planned. Nobody else knows. So if you learn to let it roll off you as if it were planned that way, nobody is going to be the wiser. Then, you'll hear compliments all day long like, "Hey, your wedding was so well planned! Everything looks like it went without a hitch!" No pun intended. :)

When YOU are happy at your wedding, everyone is happy at your wedding. That's the key to having a great wedding day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Russ!! I love this blog. On my wedding day, I tried to let everything go too, but somehow it caught up with me and I became bridezilla! Thank goodness, we were stuck in traffic for so long, I was able to squeeze in a short nap. By dinnertime, bridezilla was gone, and the night went well. Thank you!! for putting up with me...and understanding this whole wedding thing. Now that everything is over with, I can actually read your blog and understand too.

Thanks again!!
Frankie's wife