Wednesday, October 11, 2006

New Photography Workshops Planned

I will be offering some more photography workshops in the coming weeks.

Last month, I offered a workshop for intermediate photographers and I am now planning on some workshops for beginning photographers.

One workshop will concentrate on new digital photographers who have either recently purchased digital "point & shoot" cameras or are contemplating purchasing one. We will cover the basics of photography... everything from choosing equipment and deciphering photography "lingo" to basic techniques on taking good photos. If you need help on taking better photos, this is your workshop.

Another workshop to be offered will concentrate on making the step from point & shoot cameras to using DSLR cameras (Digital Single Lens Reflex.) Common models in this area are cameras like the Canon Digital Rebel and 30D cameras and the Nikon D50 and D80 cameras. We will cover the basics of using these tools and how to get the most out of them.

If you have a need to improve your photography and would like to join in on one of these workshops, please contact me at photos@russlowe.com for more information. If you have a vacation coming up, or need to take better pictures of your kid's school events or anything else that's important to you, perhaps attending one of my workshops will help you.

Here are a couple of recent testimonials:

____________________________

"I participated in Russ' photography workshop and it was easily the best investment I've made in photography since buying the Nikon 17-55mm f 2.8 DX lens (suggested by Russ). I was in the middle of editing a wedding when I attended the workshop, and afterwards, I re-edited my first 400 pictures. I spent the extra time on re-editing my pictures because of a few simple tips I picked up, and the adjustments made a huge improvement in my final product. Russ is very knowledgeable and even more importantly, he takes time to answer everyone's questions no matter how simple or technical the question is. I worked with Russ as a videographer at a wedding he was shooting and he is a pro through-and-through. I highly recommend any workshop offered by Russ Lowe" - Andy S. - Photographer / Videographer from Schaumburg, IL
____________________________

"Russell Lowe has been offering his photography advice to me for over a year now. I was searching for that perfect photographer for my wedding and I stumbled upon him randomly over the internet. Because I also have a love of photography, I had a hard time finding someone that I could trust to photograph one of the most important days of my life. I was pleased with Russell's way of doing business. He wasn't trying to sell me an album or a package deal; he was selling me his ability to capture moments. I was impressed with his friendliness and his knowledge - he was able to share his knowledge without any arrogance.

The photographs from my wedding are priceless. I could not have been more pleased. Multiple people from my family commented that he was the hardest working photographer they have ever seen. He works magic with his cameras.

Beyond my wedding, I have formed a friendship with Russell based on the love of photography. He has taught me so much and I have never been afraid to ask him for any advice or critiques. I was so excited when he finally said that he was going to hold a workshop that would cover a wide range of topics. I learned so much just from that 3 hour class. And beyond that, I woke up the next morning to an additional email, explaining some of the things that I didn't quite understand during the class. Russell is always willing to go that extra mile. It is his genuine love of photography that drives him to share and teach what he knows. And he is genuine. That is the difference." - Gina F. from Island Lake, IL

__________________________

"Russell's friendly demeanor and coaching go a long way. He is able to apply his in-depth knowledge as a professional photographer and teach students in his workshops the core foundations of photography all the way to the more advanced techniques that make him a well sought after professional event & wedding photographer. " - Dan M. from Schaumburg, IL

No comments: