Monday, October 02, 2006

Do I Really Need Both Lenses?

Images "borrowed" from nikonusa.com

Why do I need two lenses that have the same approximate focal length? Backup gear!

I use the lens on the top all the time during wedding ceremonies and receptions. It's my main lens during the ceremony if I need a shot from a distance in low light. But what if something were to happen to the lens and it became non-operational during the ceremony? Well, that's why I have the bottom lens too! It's my backup lens.

Sure these lenses cost a lot of money, but that shouldn't stop a photographer from buying if they are busy working with lots of clients. Having good quality backup gear is part of the level of service my clients expect and that's the level of service I want to give them.

So do I really need both lenses? Yes!

No comments: