Thursday, May 01, 2008

Second Copy


Following up on the recovery of files from the mishap with my external hard drive recently, I decided to safeguard my data by purchasing a copy of the software called "Second Copy."

At $29.95, Second Copy is a relatively inexpensive backup solution which copies any modified data file that is specified in a certain location. Every 2 hours, I have it backing up all of the files in the My Documents folder on my internal hard drive and also my Outlook email files. If a backup every 2 hours isn't enough for you (or if it is too often for you), you can specify how often the program backs up data (every few minutes, every hour, every week, etc.)

So far, this seems to be the perfect backup solution for me. I don't need a full drive backup, just a backup of data files modified. And since it's automatic and runs in the background at all times, I don't even have to worry about forgetting to do a backup!

I highly suggest getting a copy of Second Copy if you are interested in an easy solution for safeguarding your data files. Save these new files to another external hard drive.

No comments: