Thursday, July 24, 2008

What Should I Write About?

I was contemplating what I should write about on my blog, now that it's Thursday, and I couldn't come up with anything!

So I started looking through my photo drives trying to find an interesting image to post and to talk about it. Nothing!

Sure, there's literally hundreds of thousands of photos on my drives but none of them grabbed me. It seemed I had posted similar images in the past and I just didn't want to re-post something in the same vein.

So today, I decided I'd just write and not post a photo.

But photos are so important to keeping a post interesting, don't you think?

I could just post more wedding photos... there's always plenty of those, but I figured plenty of wedding photographers do that... you don't need another doing that! I typically try to find other topics to write about or to photograph. That's what makes it fun.

So yeah... this post has no real topic... no photo... nothing! Kind of like a Seinfeld episode... "A Show About Nothing."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Russ... on a day you write about nothing... I do a little show and tell involving you! Check out the Flickr page... =) http://flickr.com/photos/dajanzen/

– Dale

russlowe said...

Dale:

Ha! I recognize that Jeep shot! And those shots along the water. :)

Glad to see you are keeping up with your photography! Nice creative shots! I like the shot with the painting with the flashlight ("Hey"). It reminds me of when we would go out and paint with light (flashes) at crime scenes!

We'd put the camera on a tripod and set the shutter to "Bulb" and keep the camera open with a cable release. Then we'd walk around the crime scene and flash the scene. We had to be careful not to create a shadow with our own bodies. Done right, it would light up the entire scene.

We'd also paint with a laser! We did this to show bullet trajectories from the point of where the shooter was to where the bullet ended up. A laser would be aimed directly to where the point of impact was and then we'd do the same thing... open the shutter, and walk along the path from the shooter to the point of impact... but we'd hold a white cardboard so that the laser beam would fall on the card. As we walked the path, the red light would be "painted" onto the scene. Then after we were done, we'd "pop" several flashes (again walking along the scene) to light the entire area. Of course all this was done at night. :)

Russ