Monday, August 04, 2008

Still A Kid At Heart

While I may be as much as twice as old as some of my clients, many of them still think of me as being close to their age!

My daughter's friends always tell her, "You have such a cool dad!" I'm not sure she would agree all the time though. I think her friends think this because I do a lot of things that they do and think the same way that they do. I'm still a kid at heart. Her friends are surprised when I know a lot of the songs that they know. Or that I'll watch TV shows or movies that they like to watch. Or maybe it's because I laugh at the same things that they laugh at...

Others tell me it's because I don't look that old to them. I've had people guess that I'm in my late 30's. Ha! Is it because all of my hair isn't gray yet? Or is it because I'm not bald? Or is it because I don't have that many wrinkles on my face? Who knows.

I think you are as young as you want to be. Granted, I hang out with a lot of young people because of my profession. Clients always ask why I like photographing weddings so much. I always tell them that it's because I get to go to a party every weekend! And, by hanging around young couples, they keep me young. I wonder if they believe that or not...

I don't see any reason not to be a kid at heart all your life... it's more fun! And no... I don't have an aging painting of myself hidden in the attic like, "The Picture of Dorian Gray." (If you don't know who Dorian Gray is, you haven't read enough novels! His painting gets older looking as Dorian Gray remains young looking. But that photograph of me that I have hidden up there might be another story...)

No comments: