Thursday, February 05, 2009

Why I Post What I Do On My "Photography" Blog

Well, it seems that some of the content on my blog has some people scratching their heads. "Why does he post about that on his blog?"

Some topics are just not that politically correct if you are out to get business. Really, posting about "Holding The Date" can turn off potential clients. Sure can! But then others will also see that I speak my mind and I don't pull any punches... even if that means I could lose some potential clients as well. That's ok.

The thing is, sometimes you need to say what needs to be said. Would you rather work with someone who's afraid to address issues on the day of your wedding because it's not the popular thing to say? Or would you rather work with someone who's going to tell you exactly what needs to be done to get the wedding moving in the right direction?

You see, there are two ways to look at every issue. I just choose to look at it the way I think is right. And you may choose the other way. That's ok. Do what you think is right.

For me, I post about a LOT of different things... guitars, forensic work, computers, photography... yeah, there's a lot on here. But I don't see my blog as just a photography blog. It's a place for me to share things about me. I share about things that interest me and hope that they also interest you. And I share things that could affect you as well. Right or wrong, it's definitely not your average photography blog... because it's not just about photography!

Many people know that I'm also a moderator of The Acoustic Guitar Forum, one of the largest, if not the largest acoustic guitar on-line forums in the world. I've been a member for years there. And I have a lot of friends on there as well. So when you read about posts about guitars, you know it's for them... and for you... if you have an interest in music and guitars! It's not just about photography. Although, I might take a nice photo of a guitar and post it! That's the photography portion!

So you see, this blog is multi-purposed. While it does allow my wedding and portrait clients a way to see new work from me, it also serves as my own way to communicate to more than just wedding clients. Still, I hope and trust the content you read here is entertaining and educational at the same time!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will become a regular visitor!

No comments: