Friday, May 14, 2010

Caught Two Coho Salmon On Lake Michigan!


After many trips to Lake Michigan, I finally caught two Coho Salmon!

One of my photography students charterd the Challenger II 40 ft Trojan boat and had space for me and my friend AJ. There were six of us plus the captain on the boat from 5 AM to 10 AM today. In total we caught 7 fish (all Coho Salmon) and they all ranged in the area of about 3-4 lbs.

The bite was slow today, but I'm still glad we all got a fish. Just as Captain Bob was ready to pull in the lines to head back to shore, I got the final fish, bringing our total count to 7 fish.

We are all eating fish tonight! I'll have more photos to post soon, but I wanted to at least get this photo of our final fish online now. Be sure to click on the image for a closer look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silvers (or coho) have spots on there back and a few on the upper lobe of their tail. That is clearly a sokeye. Yellow eye gives it a way.