Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Final Six Month Weight Loss Total - 48.5 lbs



Well, it's been exactly 6 months since I started my diet on November 2, 2017. My total weight loss came in at 48.5 lbs... just 1.5 lbs shy of 50 lbs.
Not bad, but now I start my new goal of 75 lbs down in one year. That's only 26.5 lbs more to go! I think it is obtainable since this is only 1/2 the weight to lose compared to the last six months goal.
By the way, I didn't suffer in my eating these past 6 months! I ate a lot of pulled pork, ribs, chicken and more! My neighbor asked me if I felt weak from all the weight loss. No! I'm actually more energetic now than I was when I was heavier!
The photos are of last night's pulled pork. Perhaps the BEST pulled pork I've ever done. It pulled like butter! Zero resistance in pulling and the bone came out fast and clean. I'm getting better at this smoking stuff!


Why I don't exercise....
Two reasons: 1. I am lazy. 2. I don't want to lose weight from exercising because I know that once I stop exercising, I will gain back the weight.
I know I will never exercise the way doctors tell you that you need to exercise. Because of this, if I lost weight due to exercise, it is bound to come back once I stop.
Instead, I prefer to exercise for cardio reasons and for toning. While I have lost 48.5 lbs in 6 months, I still have a ways to go to get to a "respectable" size. Once I get there, then I will exercise for toning.
Right now, the only exercise I get really is on the recumbent bike that I purchased a couple of months after I started my diet. I don't do it as much as I should, but it's better than nothing. I really need to work on toning soon though. Weight training would be good, but I fear the issues with my knees.
Really, the only exercise I enjoyed doing was TaeKwonDo! And THAT is what messed my knees up! I did TaeKwonDo from perhaps when I was 15 years old to my mid-30's. I could do that all day and not be bored of it. But most any other form of exercise, I just had no interest in it.

No comments: