Thursday, June 14, 2007

Segway on Patrol at Navy Pier - Chicago, IL





The Chicago Police Department patrols Navy Pier on a "police" version of the Segway Human Transporter! This officer was surprised to catch me photographing her twice... once in a store and then another time later while patroling the common areas.

Last year, my family got to try out the Segway while visiting downtown Chicago and we all loved it. It's such a blast to ride that I highly recommend everyone who visits downtown to try it. (Check out the April 2, 2006 post on this blog.) If the prices of these ever come down, I'd be tempted to buy one. What can I say, I'm a gadgets freak!! I think the police officer looks cooler than I do though, don't you? I look kind of "nerdy" with the stuff that the tour group company required us to wear: a reflective vest and helmet - not to mention the thin wheels with the cheap looking hub caps that are standard on "civilian" Segways. I wonder if she'd let me try her vehicle if I told her I was former law enforcement... LOL

No comments: