Friday, October 26, 2007

How Many Guitars Do I Own?

If you read my blog regularly, you might be wondering, "How many guitars does this guy own?!" Afterall, I do post a lot about the new guitars I've acquired. Seems to be one every couple of months, right?

Well, I may buy a lot of guitars, but I don't keep them all! Often, I'll buy a guitar and then sell it again. Like many guitar fanatics, I am constantly searching for THE guitar... you know, the one that many might call the "Holy Grail" of guitars.

We all know that guitar doesn't exist, but we keep trying to find it.

Currently, I still own the following guitars:

Goodall RCJ - Rosewood / Sitka Spruce - Concert Jumbo
Taylor GS - Mahogany / Cedar - Grand Symphony
Ovation Legend - Nylon-string
Gibson Les Paul 25th Anniversary Electric Guitar
Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar (my daughter's actually)
Fender Jazz Bass (5 string)

That's it! All the other guitars you have seen listed on the blog have either been traded or sold.

So really, I don't own a lot of guitars at one time. But here's a list of the guitars that I used to own and have since sold:

“No Name” Hollow Body copy of a Gibson 335
Fender Telecaster Thinline
1972 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul ‘57 Goldtop – Custom Shop
1976 Takamine F340
Takamine NP45C
Takamine EC132SC- Cedar / Rosewood
Takamine EAN60C
Ovation Legend – Steel String (Solid Spruce Top)
Yamaha FG Series - 12 String
2003 Taylor 414rce – Sitka Spruce / East Indian Rosewood
2006 Taylor 614ce – Big Leaf Maple / Sitka Spruce
2006 Taylor GSMSe – Big Leaf Maple / Sitka Spruce with ES pickup
2003 Taylor 314ce-L4 – Sapele / Sitka Spruce
2006 Taylor DDSM – Big Leaf Maple / Sitka Spruce
2006 Taylor 110 with K&K Pure Western Mini Pickup - Solid Sitka Spruce top / Laminated Sapele back and sides
2007 Taylor DN3 – Sitka Spruce / Sapele - with K&K Pure Western Mini Pickup
2007 Taylor GS8e Custom (with Cutaway) – Sitka Spruce / East Indian Rosewood
2006 R. Taylor - Style 1 - Rosewood / Engelmann Spruce - with K&K Pure Western Mini Pickup
Fender Precision Bass

Yes, I've gone through a lot of guitars... but I only own a handful. Have I lost a lot of money doing this? Not really! I often buy my guitars used or at very good prices and then when I sell them again, I often get my money back. OK, I do lose a little... but considering how many guitars I have gotten to play over the years, it's not much.

Some people are drug addicts, others are alcoholics, others are gamblers. I'm just a guitar nut!

No comments: