Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bridging The Gap - Doyle Dykes


It's been five years since Doyle Dykes has released a new CD and he's hit a home run with his latest, "Bridging The Gap."

This CD just rocks! You'll be surprised at the variety of music on this CD. He's got everyone helping out on it... his son Caleb Dykes, his brother Aubrey Dykes, and recording artists - Eric Johnson and Phil Keaggy too!

Each time at the last two Doyle concerts I went to, I asked, "Is the CD out yet?" But due to production delays in the CD printing, the answer was, "Not yet." Bummer...

So I figured I'd just have to wait a little while longer. Luckily, Doyle played a couple of the new songs at the concert, so I already had a good idea of what the CD was going to be like. And, Doyle even played me a couple of tracks in his rental vehicle for me to hear as well. A sneak preview! But recently, I called into WGN Radio in Chicago to the Steve and Johnnie show this past Wednesday to congratulate Doyle on the release and I was offered a free copy of the CD by the show's producer! Cool! (Steve and Johnnie are friends of Doyle's and they know me too.)

Easily, this is now my favorite Doyle Dykes CD! I especially like the tracks "All Be Done Dink," "Bridging The Gap," "Red Clay," "One Riot... One Guitar," and "Tennessee Stomp." There are other great tunes on this CD, but these stand out to me.

Pick up your copy of "Bridging The Gap" if you go to see Doyle in concert, or order it from his website. These songs are guaranteed to lift your spirits!

No comments: