Monday, June 05, 2017

ThermoWorks Smoke - Cooking Alarm


Just received my new ThermoWorks Smoke cooking alarm with remote!

I've been anxious to get my hands on this item since getting my new Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker last week!  This two-channel thermometer alarm has a wireless remote that can go 300 ft (line of sight) from the main control unit.  This means I can now monitor the temperature of the smoker as well as the meat that is being smoked while staying inside my home instead of having to run outside to check on the thermometer on the smoker.  Plus, I won't need to even open the cover to the smoker to check the temperature of the meat either!

The base unit updates the remote every 15 seconds.  This is often enough.  If it were to constantly update it in real-time, it would eat up battery power faster.

I'll pass the two heat resistant probes wires through the rubber grommet that is on the side of the Weber Smokey Mountain smoker.  I won't need to close the top of the smoker on the probes because of this.

I'll have an update as soon as I do another smoking in about six days!  My next smoking will be another brisket!  I hope to do a full brisket this time.  Last time, I only did the flat of the brisket and not the point.

No comments: