Saturday, March 24, 2018

Shen Yun - March 23, 2018


My wife and I attended the Shen Yun performance at the Rosemont Theater in Rosemont, IL on March 23, 2018.  What a great show!  Our daughter purchased the tickets as a gift to us.  We had great seats about 9 rows back, but off to the right side.

This is classical Chinese dancing at its finest and original Chinese music as well from a live orchestra!  In addition, there were vocalists (a Baritone and a Soprano) who sang accompanied by a pianist and a very impressive woman who played the Chinese Erhu better than I had ever heard it before!  The two announcers also did a great job.

The only issue I found with the show is that they really push the Falun Gong movement in China.  It's almost a religious movement in China and many practitioners are persecuted in China for it.  Organ Havesting is also a reality too in China and many Falun Gong practitioners are the victims of it.  While I do not condone this behavior in China, neither do I follow Falun Gong.  The show almost seems to be a way for the producers to push this idea on the viewers because many of the dances are based on the topic of Falun Gong persecution.  To read more about what Falun Gong is, check out this Wikipedia article.

Still, I highly recommend this show for anyone who can appreciate dance.  Go see it!

No comments: