Sunday, July 15, 2018

Falling Out Of Bed Again


I've fallen out of bed, yet again!
This time, it was bad. Many of you know I have fallen out of my bed many times over the years, but this time it was bad. I hit my cheek on the night table causing a big cut / gash in my cheek. My neck snapped back too of course, and my jaw also has been bruised and is swollen. It felt like someone hit me in the face with a 2x4! I actually saw "stars" even though I was asleep!  My left arm is all scraped up too from being dragged from the edge of the bed frame.
My wife put Neosporin on a bandage and put it on the cut. I kept an ice pack on my face for several hours. Still, the swelling is undeniable.
I'm going to move that night table away from the bed. At least the next time I fall out of the bed, perhaps I won't kill myself. I should probably look into something to keep me from falling out of the bed again.

Our queen-sized bed has rolled edges.  I think this is a contributing factor as to why I've fallen out of this bed five times now since buying it about two years ago.  Also, I've figured out that I usually fall out of bed due to the dreams I have.  I'm usually fighting off "bad guys" or protecting my family in the dreams.  Since I sleep on my side and very close to the edge of the bed to give my wife more space on the bed, one false move and I'm down on the ground!

I've fallen out of our old bed multiple times over the years too.  The first time falling out of my bed was on my honeymoon, 33 years ago!

Do you know the standard response to someone who asks what happened to your face?  "Yeah... but you should see the OTHER guy!"  :)

No comments: