Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Farmer Wants A Wife




Images borrowed from CWTV.com website

A take-off of ABC's The Bachelor TV Series, the CW's "Farmer Wants A Wife" has a new twist.

Matt is a 29 year old farmer from Missouri who finds that it is difficult to find a wife in his town because the population there is just a little over 300. Slim pickins... So, ten city girls are sent to compete to get his attention and win his heart, but it's obvious that none of them are really that well suited for farm life.

The show reminds me of The Bachelor which of course pairs an eligible bachelor with many hopeful bachelorettes. The ladies are eliminated each week until a final "winner" is found.

But this new show is interesting because it shows the element of how "out of place" these girls are on a farm. It reminds me of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie on their first season of "The Simple Life." In that show, Paris and Nicole are definitely out of their element and can't function at all out in the country. Obviously, this show was just for fun to see how awful Paris and Nicole are at anything that resembles real work.

While the ladies in Farmer Wants A Wife are much better in the country than Paris and Nicole, I'm not convinced that any of the girls could really last as "the farmer's wife" even if she does win. Some do really try to win at the contests that are set for them, but I wonder if all it takes to become a true farmer's wife is to win these contests!

So who do I think will win the show and Matt's heart? Well, my gut feeling is that Amanda (21) will win... but I'm also hopeful that it could be Brooke (23). Amanda had a date with Matt and they went to Matt's parent's home for dinner. It looked like his family really liked her. Brooke on the other hand has not even yet had a date with Matt (as of this posting) and has still refused to kiss him on the lips whereas all the other girls have.

So why do I think Brooke has a shot at this? Well, I think Matt is really wondering why she is so different than the other girls. This could give her an edge. Plus, Brooke looks a little like Britney Spears and that can't hurt her chances either. On top of that, she's been on farms before and just seems to like "country guys" according to her interview on the CW website. Matt has got to recognize that. But Brooke is one of the girls that the other girls do not like. She and Lisa (who has already been eliminated) are into God and reading The Bible and that seems to turn off the other girls.

We'll find out soon enough who will win.

You may be wondering why I have an interest in watching this kind of TV show... well, perhaps it's because I'm a wedding photographer! I always ask my clients, "So how did you meet?" Every client of mine will tell you that this is one of the first questions I ask them when I first meet them! I'm genuinely curious how people meet. It tells me a lot about them and tells me if they would be a good client to work with.

I have had clients who met:

1. On the internet
2. Introduced by a friend
3. At a party
4. At church
5. At school
6. At a baseball game
7. At work
8. On a blind date

And countless other ways... but Reality TV? Haven't had that yet... Hey! Who's going to photograph this wedding? Fly me out to Missouri and I'll do it! :)

No comments: