Friday, June 06, 2008

Farewell To A Friend


This past Monday, I photographed the funeral of one of my friends from church... Rosita. Several years ago, I photographed her husband Conrado's funeral.

Rosita and Conrado (we called him Conrad) were one of the original members of our church and my wife and my in-laws have known Rosita and Conrad since the 1970's. Their son Elmer and daughter Gaylyn are good friends of our family and Gayle played piano at our wedding.

Rosita was loved by everyone. A fine Christian woman who loved the Lord and served at church without complaint, she was someone we all looked up to. Her husband Conrad was also a faithful servant of God and someone we all loved as well. Rosita and Conrad will be missed by our entire congregation.

While it is not unusual for me to do something like photographing a funeral, it is especially difficult to do when it is one of your friends. It's hard to hold back the tears and keep yourself from shaking while taking photos at such an emotional event. But because of my training and experience in law enforcement, having photographed homicide crime scenes and the like, I was able to hold it together.

I shot well over 1000 images at the funeral and wake but decided that this image was one of the most powerful and would be appropriate to show here on the blog.

Farewell to a dear friend of our family. Until we meet again...

No comments: