Monday, August 08, 2016

2016 Wisconsin State Fair















I attended the Wisconsin State Fair this morning in West Allis, Wisconsin.  This was the first state fair I have attended since going to one in California when I lived in San Diego in the late 1980's and early 1990's.  The Wisconsin State Fair had everything from animals to rides to food!

I got to see the cows, pigs, donkeys, sheep and even a pig race!  The pigs run through the course with oatmeal cookies as a treat when they complete the race.  They ran fast, but the potbelly pigs took their time getting through the race.

I got to see (and smell) the animals that were waiting in buildings for judging to begin.  It was pretty much what I expected of a state fair.

There were LOTS of food vendors at the fair!  I didn't eat much there, but I did have a Crabby Lobster Melt sandwich which was really good.

I think it's pretty much a tradition to have a Cream Puff if you go to the fair.  They make them there and you can see all the workers putting them together while you wait in line to purchase them.  While I am lactose intolerant, that didn't stop me from having one!  I just took two Lactaid pills to counteract the effects of the cream!  Worked great!

Overall it was a good state fair and I encourage you to go to one if you can!

Images taken with a Nikon D750 and Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 and an Apple iPhone 6s+.

No comments: