Monday, August 27, 2018

Apple Replaces My iPhone 6s+


My wife and I brought our iPhone 6s+ phones into the Apple store to get replacement batteries for $29. It was a promo they had offered for the "slow down" issue the phones had during their software upgrade a while ago. Our phones are almost 3 years old now.

Apple replaced my wife's battery without a problem, but in trying to replace my battery, they killed my phone! Because of this, they replaced my phone with a brand new iPhone 6s+. So for the cost of $29, I now have a new phone with a new battery in there! Of course, the glass protective screen needs to be replaced, but that's only about $5. Still a good deal!

The only drawback to getting the new phone was that I had to put my password back on every ap on the phone.  Luckily, we had backed up our phones on iCloud, so restoring my phone was relatively easy, although time consuming.  Always back up your data before allowing anyone to work on your phone or computer!

Edit Note: Just one week later, my fishing buddy Jim and his wife brought in their iPhone SE phones for battery replacements and Apple killed their phones too!  A Facebook friend had this happen to her husband's iPhone as well.  It looks like Apple is breaking a bunch of phones while replacing batteries!

No comments: