Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas Gift - Field Company No. 8 Cast Iron Skillet






I received a Field Company No. 8 cast iron skillet from my daughter and future son-in-law as a Christmas Gift!  It is beautiful!

If you are looking for a very smooth surfaced cast iron skillet, you would be hard pressed to find a better one than a Field Company skillet!  For modern skillets, most are very rough in cooking surface (check out modern Lodge skillets!) but there are a number of American companies now offering their versions of how cast iron was made in the past.

I have many skillets from vintage companies like Griswold and Lodge and even a Blacklock skillet (my oldest skillet) and I gave away my vintage Wagner-Ware skillets to my future son-in-law.  He returned the favor by getting me this modern Field Company skillet!  What a beauty!  It is no doubt the smoothest cast iron skillet I now own.

I'm going to season all of my cast iron skillets today.  It's not that hard to do, but a necessity if you own cast iron.  I highly suggest following the instructions of my Facebook buddy Jeff Rogers - The Culinary Fanatic.  Check out this instructional video! and also the second half of this video.

Thanks to my daughter and future son-in-law for the extravagent gift!


No comments: