Tuesday, December 11, 2018

A Digitally Converted 6x6 cm Medium Format Color Slide Shot From The Past


This is Jennifer.  She worked at the San Diego District Attorney's Office when I was an Investigative Technician there.  I believe she was also Miss La Mesa California back in the early 1990's or at least competed.

I asked if she would model for me as I had just purchased a Bronica SQ-Ai square 6x6cm medium format camera and a Bronica 120mm f4.0 lens.  (Since 80mm is the normal perspective lens on the medium format film, 120mm would be the equivalent to a 75mm lens in 35mm - or "full frame" in digital.). I shot this image with color transparency film and this is a conversion to digital of that film.  I cropped it to a 4x5 aspect ratio.

We shot a number of images in my garage.  I converted the 3 car garage of my home into a portrait studio.  I shot a number of my wedding clients there as well.  We'd do their wedding and the next day, they would come in (before the tux was returned to the rental shop) and do some formal studio portraits.  Ah, the good ol' days!

No comments: