Monday, November 05, 2007

Growing Up Brady


Remember a while back I wrote that my daughter and I had watched all 116 episodes of "The Brady Bunch" on DVD? Well, before all that happened, many years ago, I had read the book, "Growing Up Brady," by Barry Williams who played Greg Brady on the show.

The book describes in detail the behind-the-scenes antics of the cast and crew and I thought it was really interesting. The Brady Bunch was one of my favorite shows growing up and I had watched it many times in syndication as well. But some of the things I didn't know about the cast is in this book!

For instance, did you know that Greg had the "hots" for Marcia? Jan had the "hots" for Peter? And Bobby and Cindy were "hot" for each other? Yikes! Think that's bad? How about Greg had the "hots" for his mom (Carol Brady) and actually took her out on a date?!

Did you know that Robert Reed (the dad, Mike Brady) actually hated being on the show and had a total dislike for the show's producer, Sherwood Schwartz? In fact, he's not even in the final episode because he refused to be part of what he considered a poorly written script!

Yes, all this is described in the book.

Or how about the time Greg went to work and did a scene while being totally stoned on Marijuana? Didn't know that, did you? I didn't! Ever wonder what happened to Tiger the dog and Fluffy the cat? Better get the book to find out!

Anyway, after seeing all the shows again on DVD, I went and purchased this book on eBay just so I could read all the fun stuff again.

Far out!

No comments: