Wednesday, November 07, 2018

Sgt. Ken Joseph Memorial Award - La Mesa Police Officer's Association and Grossmont College


I received this award from the Administration of Justice Department at Grossmont College when I went there to learn to be an Evidence Technician.  I graduated with a 3.94 out of 4.0 (just one grade shy of a 4.0).  I was surprised when the school presented me with this award just before graduation.  My name is also engraved on a trophy that is in the trophy case at the school along with others who were awarded the award.  One student gets the award each year.  It was and is still a great honor for which I am very grateful even to this day.  I ended up graduating with a degree in Evidence Technology and also a degree in Pre Law / Court Management.

My bachelor's degree however is actually in Electronics Engineering Technology from DeVry Institute of Technology.  I used that knowledge when I worked at my dad's stereo store right after college and then later it came in handy while working at the DA's Office in San Diego.

No comments: