Friday, November 30, 2018

Second Time at Career Day at Aptakisic Junior High School - Nov 30, 2018







Like last year, I was invited once again to speak to kids at Aptakisic Junior High on their Career Day event.  Click here to see last year's photos.

There seemed to be a lot more kids in my sessions than last year.  Last year, I was advertised as Russell Lowe - Photographer / Evidence Technician.  This year, I was known as Russell Lowe - Evidence Technician.  Seems more kids are interested in learning about what it is like to be an Evidence Technician than just a Photographer!

I told the kids about what is needed to be an evidence tech and also gave them a chance to try their hands at using some magnetic fingerprint powder with a magnetic fingerprint brush.  They all seemed really interested.  "Oh wow!  That is SO COOL!" could be heard at every session when they saw the latent prints being developed.  It really makes you feel good when your audience is having so much fun learning!

All presenters were given a hot plate made by the kids.  I chose the "Fireman" since I was talking about the Police.  Hey, makes sense to me!  :)

I did 6 half hour sessions.  I had perhaps 15-20 kids per session in attendance.

No comments: